Friday, January 8, 2010

THIS IS ME

Well, this is me, your best friend in the whole world, Lauren. One thing that you may have guessed from the title of this post is that I enjoy using all caps. Other things that I enjoy include music, books, my 200 pound dog, my cat, the TV show Drake and Josh, Chinese food, my friends, selected members of my family, and (maybe I'll get extra credit for this) writing. Oh, look, that was a litany(a prolongued or tedious account)! My blog is already living up to its name...Anyways, since I'm your best friend in the whole world you should probably also know that I'm sixteen, I'm a Christian, I write odes in my spare time, and that if my first name was Holly my name really would be HollyWood. Here's an example of one of my odes:

Ode To My Snow Day

Look outside there’s a whole world to behold,
A whole new world, a world of cold.
My nose is numb,
And so is my thumb.
My face is starting to burn,
And what frostbite is like, I’m starting to learn.
If my brother hits me with a snowball one more time
He’ll become an unrecognizable pile of slime.
Maybe I should just go inside,
And defrost myself by the fireside.


So, now that you know me pretty well, you should probably become a follower of my blog. (That is, unless you are not in my writing class and are, in fact, an odd creepy person.) So far Mrs.Powell is my blog's only follower. And that, my friends, is why she's the one that got a cookie with her name on it.

5 comments:

  1. Nice ode Lauren! That was pretty good! Too bad all the snow has melted now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog layout! It's awsome!! I loved the whole thing about liking "selected" members of your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love the ode.
    I dont understand how it could constantly flurry for three days and there only be a 1/2 inch of snow on the ground. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Logan, Grace, I'm glad you enjoyed my ode...maybe I'll post some more...

    Emily, I'm glad you like my blog layout. I like yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just commenting cuz you looked loney. It's like you're all alone in this blue poka-dotted blog with no one commenting... Now I'm depressed.... :{

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post. If you have something worthwhile and mildly interesting to say, please do so.