Friday, February 12, 2010

Impressed, Distressed, and Amazed

Franklin Graham's life story is amazing. To think that God changed a rebel like young Franklin into the Christian giant he is today is astounding. Franklin's adult life has one clear purpose: to share God's love and His message.

I was amazed by Franklin's bravery and faith. When he became the president of Samaritan's Purse he followed in Bob Pierce's footsteps. He would never send his team into a possibly dangerous area until he visited it himself. He not only ministered in areas after war, but he wasn't afraid to visit areas while the war was still going on. He faced bullets and bombshells in order to spread the gospel with the hurting people of the world.

I was distressed by several of the stories in this book. While on his travels Franklin saw many awful representations of the suffering that takes place all over the world. What bothered me the most was the same story that bothered most of you: the story that led Franklin to create the home for abused women. While reading these horrible things I consoled myself by remembering that Franklin Graham and Samaritan's Purse worked to heal the suffering of the people involved.

Franklin has truly based his life on the God room concept. His life is a testament to the power of God and what one can accomplish when they allow God to use them. Because Franklin has allowed God to use him, he has impacted the world much more than I ever thought one person could.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good post! I agree with a lot of what you said about Franklin and his life. I think his faith and his determinedness to act is something we all can work on. I loved that this book was filled with wonderful stories about Christians helping the lost world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Lauren! It is amazing to read a real life story of the power of one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my post. If you have something worthwhile and mildly interesting to say, please do so.